Crispy tortilla + spicy beans & jalapeno + creamy sour cream and avocado + cheese = DINNER WINNER
The idea of this meal did not inspire me at all. The idea of baked beans as part of dinner just seemed so unexciting and lazy. Oh how I was wrong. This Baked Bean and Avocado Tostada recipe was super delicious. The recipe takes only 15 minutes from start to finish and is adapted from the Healthy Food Guide’s Tasty Bean and Avocado Tostada recipe.
To balance out my meal and add some veges, I served my tostada along a salad drizzled in balsamic vinegar. In the salad was: mesclun, tomato, cucumber, spring onion, red onion, sunflower seeds and dried red capsicum.
Baked Bean and Avocado Recipe (adapted from the Healthy Food Guide’s Tasty Bean and Avocado Tostada Recipe)
- 1 tortilla
- 1 single serve can Weight Watcher’s baked beans (or 1/3 cup baked beans)
- 1tsp Mexican seasoning (or taco seasoning)
- 1/4C grated cheese
- 1/3 avocado
- 1TBSP lite sour cream
- 1tsp jalapeno, chopped finely
- fresh coriander and ground black pepper to garnish
1. Grill tortilla until lightly browned (approximately 2 minutes at 180 degreesC)
2. Heat baked beans in a saucepan or in the microwave until hot and stir in seasoning
3. Spread baked beans over tortilla
4. Sprinkle grated cheese on top of baked beans
5. Grill until cheese is golden brown and bubbling
6. Remove from oven and top with avocado, sour cream and jalapeno
7. Garnish with fresh coriander and ground black pepper
I tried this without the jalapeno at first. It was still really good but, the jalapeno totally makes it.