I have an epic sweet tooth and love few things more than a hot, sticky pudding to end my day’s eating. However, I don’t trust myself to make entire cakes or puddings because I know I will not win the fight against my will-power so I’m always on the lookout for recipes that can be adapted to make just one serving. When I saw the recipe for Blueberry Cobbler on food.com I knew I had to make it my own!
Single Serve Blueberry Cobbler Recipe
(serves 2 not-so-hungry people or one hungry eater)
- 3/4C blueberries
- 1/8C sugar
- 1tsp arrowroot powder (I’m pretty sure cornflour or normal flour would work also)
- 1 tsp margarine or butter
- 1TBSP water
- 1TBSP lemon juice
- 1/4C flour (could use white, whole-wheat, or a blend of the both flours)
- 1/2TBSP sugar
- 2/3tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1TBSP margarine or butter
- 1TBSP skim milk
- 1/4 egg (I just stole some egg mix from the frittata I was making)
- 1/3tsp almond essence (could substitute vanilla essence)
Extras (optional but delicious)
- 1TBSP sliced almonds
- 1t demerara sugar (brown sugar would work fine but I used organic demerara sugar from Edible Planet)
2. Combine filling ingredients in a microwave safe dish and mix until the mixture is boiling and thickened, stirring every minute or so. This took about 5 minutes in my microwave.
3. Mix together dry ingredients in a small bowl with a fork until well combine.
4. Melt margarine or butter and mix with wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
5. Mix wet and dry ingredients until doughy.
6. Spoon dough over blueberry filling in blobs
7. Sprinkle extras on top
8. Bake for about 15-20 minutes until the extras are caramelised and the topping is cooked through and fluffy.
I served this dessert with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and it was fantastic.